The Barn is located on 90 acres of forest and meadows. Outdoor activities include:
- Hiking on walking trails through rolling terrain
- Snowshoeing or cross-country skiing (on ungroomed trails)
- Outdoor barbeques, dinning al fresco, family games on the large lawn and adjacent field
Park activities include:
- Cross-country skiing
- Cycling and mountain biking
- Horseback riding
- In-line skating
- Rock Climbing
Wakefield’s Black Sheep Inn (www.theblacksheepinn.com) has hosted many of Canada’s best-known musicians and has shows most weekends.
Swimming and Beaches
Gatineau Park has five public beaches at Lacs La Peche, Philippe, and Meech. These beaches have on-duty lifeguards during the summer and canoe, kayak, rowboat, and pedal boat rentals.
Le Spa Nordik (Chelsea, QC)
Le Spa Nordik is located 15 minutes from The Barn in Chelsea and is the largest nordic style spa in in the world: www.lenordik.com. Installations include saunas, outdoor baths, and spa services.
Morrison’s Quarry is a privately owned multiple-use outdoor recreation site with:
- Scuba Diving rentals
- Snorkelling rentals
- Scuba diving training courses
Bungee Jumping and Ripriding (www.bungee.ca)
The Great Canadian Bungee Jumping site is the highest bungee jumping site in North America.
There are a number of alpine skiing options within close proximity to The Barn.
- Vorlage (www.skivorlage.com): 5 mins from The Barn (Wakefield)
- Edelweiss (www.skiedelweiss.com): 10 mins from The Barn (East of Wakefield)
- Camp Fortune (www.campfortune.com): 20 minutes from The Barn (Chelsea)
- Mont Ste Marie (www.montstemarie.com): 45 mins from The Barn (north of Wakefield)