In The Barn and surrounding area there are many possible activities for rental groups.
The Barn is located on 80 acres of forest and meadows. Included in the rental of The Barn are the following activities:
- Hiking on rolling-terrain,well-maintained trails
- Snowshoeing or cross-country skiing (ungroomed trails)
- Swimming in Lac Gauvreau (Private lake access with a dock, and picnic table)
- Relaxing in the hammocks, by the fireplace, or on the “morning” deck
Gatineau National Park
The Barn is adjacent to Gatineau Park http://www.canadascapital.gc.ca/places-to-visit/gatineau-park. Park activities include:
- Cross-country skiing
- Cycling and mountain biking
- Horseback riding
- In-line skating
- Rock Climbing
The Barn is about a 10 minute drive from Wakefield, Quebec (www.wakefieldquebec.com), a small town with good food, beautiful scenery, and cute shops. Wakefield’s Black Sheep Inn (www.theblacksheepinn.com) has hosted many of Canada’s best-known musicians and has live shows every weekend.
Swimming and Beaches
Gatineau Park has five public beaches at Lacs La Peche, Philippe, and Meech. These beaches have on-duty lifeguards during the summer and canoe, kayak, rowboat, and pedalboat rentals.
Le Spa Nordik (Chelsea, QC)
The Spa Nordik is located 20 minutes from The Barn and is the largest spa in Canada: www.lenordik.com. Installations include saunas, outdoor baths, and spa services.
Morrison’s Quarry (http://sharkyscuba.com/local-diving-morrisons-quarry.php)
Morrison’s Quarry is a multiple-use outdoor recreation site with:
- Scuba Diving rentals
- Snorkelling rentals
- Scuba diving training courses
Bungee jumping and ripriding (www.bungee.ca)
The Great Canadian Bungee Jumping site is the highest bungee jumping site in North America.
There are a number of alpine skiing options within close proximity to The Barn.
- Vorlage (www.skivorlage.com): 5 mins from The Barn (Wakefield)
- Edelweiss (www.skiedelweiss.com): 10 mins from The Barn (East of Wakefield)
- Camp Fortune (www.campfortune.com): 20 minutes from The Barn (Chelsea)
- Mont Ste Marie (www.montstemarie.com): 45 mins from The Barn (north of Wakefield)